This is picture of Joe and I at the Rehoboth Marathon on November 22nd... I told you we looked like Ninjas! ...I added this pic and a few others to that race report....click here: Rehoboth Marathon Story
Warren Chaiken Ken Depaola Charles Duffy Suzanne Duffy Mimi Fregede Maggie Humphrey John Hunter Mitch Lawn Gary Perkins Cynthia Rennie Anne Schwarz Jennifer Guerrero Thom Beard A special thank you to these wonderful individuals who helped me raise $500 for the Ulman Cancer Fund and helped sponsor me for the Women’s Iron Girl Triathlon in Columbia Maryland on August 24th. Your donation goes to a very needy cause and has touched the hearts of many. Thank you for commitment to me and to your commitment to those in need. Wendy PS: On August 24, 2008 I will be racing in the AFLAC IRON GIRL COLUMBIA TRIATHLON in Centennial Park - Columbia, Maryland (0.62mi Swim - 17.5mi Bike - 3.4mi Run). It is an all women's event. Individuals who raise $500.00 or more for the Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults will receive the following: Iron Girl shirt, Iron Girl bag, Iron Girl socks, Iron Girl visor, Iron Girl mug, Her Sports & Fitness Magazine Subscription, Special race bib, and Recognition...
Taking some time to think about things.... I have been struggling a bit with some things in my personal life.. and so I was looking for something..to get away from everything... I guess normal would be heading to the beach for some R&R... but I found something better.... Sole Challenge 24 hour race .... Sole Challenge Hoodie and Bib # I mean what could be better.. ?!!....24 hours of me time to think!!! It was only 2 hours from home, on a long weekend, camping was allowed, a 1.54 loop....a perfect match for what I wanted to do. So I signed up.. then I told Joe... “Joe, I am going to drive the camper to run this 24 hour race and then I will be back on Sunday..." OK.. so that didn’t go as well as planned...I can only imagine how his face doesn’t just stay in the perpetual state of exhaustion. I guess number one was.. he was in no way in hell going to let me drive the camper back 2+ hours alone after being up and running around for 24 hours... an...
I can't seem to get a grasp on how to actually write all that’s been happening because all the stuff keeps happening!!!… one day… our life will slow.. and when it does… Sunday, September 19th Joe really doesn’t function well prior to say… 8am… TIME TO GET UP! 4AM... RACE DAY! Today was the ING Philly Half Marathon (13.1 miles) and somehow I convinced Joe that it was fun.. and that he should do it with me… (SUCKER).. We arrived in Philly around 6am, parked and started our trek to the start… thankfully only 8 blocks away and we got there early enough to christen the port-o-pots, and oh yeah.. watch the sunrise from the art museum steps… Life was in fact …Good..! OK...time to line up… 20,000 people in 22 or so corrals.. thankfully we are near the front!.. Joe in corral 4… I corral 5… then off we go… yeahhhh.... running free... free...FREE.. and strong.. strong.. STRONG!... ain't no one stopping me....I ... AM... ....... Freaking tired as shit!... b y mile 5… I was done.. toast....