Sunday, March 22, 2009

Shamrock Half Marathon

What more can I say???!... Joe just lit the road on fire today at the Shamrock Half Marathon (13.1 miles) in Virginia Beach... time 1.43.54 (7.54 pace).....

Not many things can stun me... but this does...

HE NEVER RAN a day in his life until this past year (except for football practice in high school)... I AM SOO PROUD!!

CONGRATS JOE!!!!


The race started at 7am and it was another cold morning.. 32 degrees at the start... BUT NO WIND!.. the first time EVER running in Virginia Beach where there was no wind!

(I asked Joe why he cant take a picture with my feet in it..)


(see Joe.. I do have FEET)

At the start, we stayed together for a couple of miles and then he pulled away... he looked great.. I tucked into a comfy groove of my own..... I was slightly concerned when the 1.45 pace group passed me and I was AHEAD OF THEM.. yikes.. then when I hit the 5 mile marker around 40.32 or so.. I was thinking.. UM ... just a bit too fast since I still have 8 miles to go....but I went with it...

When I hit mile 8.... I thought where did mile 7 go?......and then I found mile 9... and then mile 10.. when I looked at my watch... I was at 1.23 something... I was so excited...that this was my best 10 mile time ever..... I almost forgot I still had three miles left... I think I "sprinted" along for two miles.. by the time I got to mile 12 I was soo exhausted it took everything I had to keep up the pace for that last mile... and I knew it would be close.. at this point I was hoping to be in the 1.49's but I just missed that.. clocking in at 1.50.18 (8.25 pace).. I WILL TAKE THAT! ...My best Half Marathon time by far... !

(Joe thought it funny to take a picture of my hat with the frost on it.. this was taken AFTER the half marathon)



I will post the official pics once they are available. We are exhausted, sore and happy! ....Until the next adventure... NIGHT!

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...