Thursday, June 4, 2009

Warwick 5K Trail Run

Last night I did the Warwick Ruckus 5K Trail Run... to continue gathering points to try and win my age group in the overall standings of the Philly Xterra Trail Running Series... this is my 3rd race out of 5.. and they will take the top 4 scores... http://www.xterraplanet.com/trailrun/

... so my shin is NOT VERY HAPPY today… !!..... I mean it was kinda sore last night BEFORE I decided to run through the woods…… and so now it’s A LOT OF A BIT SORE.. HMPH… it just better get unsore!

The trail run was cool.. shame the storm didn’t come in … was looking forward to some hail and lightening ...but nope… but did get a little excitement… some big dude.. I mean like 6 foot 4 or so… RATHER BEEFY man… somehow managed to run right in front of me…

Like HELLO>> CAN NOT SEE…!!!....and to make matters worse.. he would slow down on the single track.. blocking my vision…. making it IMPOSSIBLE to see upcoming obsticles, stones, logs and such ... and I AM NOT BREAKING MY LEG because your pansy ass cant take the technical parts… !!!...get your freaking mammoth moose ass out of my way.. GRRRR....

So I managed to get around him…. and we are then on a straight away and he "sprints" past me.. like HELLO!!!>. if you are that fast ...keep going.. but OH NO.. he drops right back in front of me again.. and SLOWS….p-ssy footing around rocks and stuck.. F- you A-Hole.. !!!!....get the F- outta my way you BIG FAT MOOSE..!!!.. (SORRY POTTY MOUTH)



I had to sprint through the underbrush on the side of the trail to get around his big ole ass… and I SO WOULD have beat the snot out of him literally if he tried that maneuver again… GRRRRR……so enough of that…. I then just ran full tilt until I was way clear …

...so buzzing along I come upon another man… and everything is going well until this guy hits a mud puddle.. dirty horse pooh mixed with water spews all over the side of my face and down my leg… "oops sorry" he says.. I am like.. no problem.. thinking ok that was kinda gross.. wiping my face.. and wondering what would possess a 43 year old to run around in the woods fighting large moose men and dabbling in horse pooh...



But I keep up the pace.. because I know there are two girls in my age behind me somewhere and they are hunting me.. and I want my Pizza …!!

We get to this rather large grass field and they lie.. they said course was flat.. course WAS NOT FLAT.. but I shouldn't be surprised.. there are always surprises in trail runs... and so up and down the hills I go… my shin is screaming… the hills were not really that bad… considering… considering that I was now in oxygen debt .. and then we
get to the stream crossing.. … COOL…

It’s about knee high water… slippery rocks.. yah know fun stuff… so instead of barreling through... you had to kinda walk in and across… so I carefully walked into water... so as NOT to slip.. and FLIP.. into the water I go... I MUST be the most unbalanced person on the face of the planet... my poor Garmin (my GPS unit watch) thankfully it's water proof… so getting a nice dip in water.. clears the mind.. oh and the horse pooh ...but then I kinda was a bit heavier by the time I went to run again… clothes being all soaked and such…

The course measured around 3.45 miles… did it In 28.02 (although they GOT TO STOP adding seconds to my time once I stop).. they wait until I crossed the finish line.. you see your time… and then you walk down the chute.. then they take your tag.... and then they stop the clock? they have me down I think for 28.07….… figures… they must have some old crone hitting the stop watch ...... not that those seconds mean anything but alas..

So I placed 2nd in age group.. and GOT MY PIZZA!!!! ....SO was it worth it to risk my injury and run hard so soon after the marathon.. ??....HECK YEAH… I got pizza.. 2nd place medal.. and more points for the series... oh yeah and I GOT TO RUN >> AND SWIM! :)

So what did Joe do last night..??? .... Joe did a speed workout on the road... clocking in on a hilly course.. a 22.45 for 3 miles… hate him.. just kidding.. boy, he can move!... I saw him running on my way back from the race and pulled up alongside of him in the truck.. he gave me a dirty look... and waved me on.. (he couldn’t talk.. he couldn't breathe.. )… BUT MY BABY LOOKS GOOD!


Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...