Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Happy Birthday in Heaven Mom

Today would have been your 69 birthday... Happy Birthday MOM!... I love you!... and I miss you!.... it’s been over a year now.. and the days don’t ever seem as bright.. and the nights seem that much longer... but the legacy of your love prevails.

Today would have been your day... you loved your birthday...the party and birthday cake ... and oh how I wish you could see your great grandson, Carter, what a beautiful happy baby, an amazing testament of how well you helped raise Heather.  Mom, he is beautiful, as Heather is, and she is such a great mom, you would have been soo proud to see... 

and your grandsons... wow they have done wonders in their sports and in school, they are truly going to make a great impact in this world..mom you would be so proud.  

But I have to say, you would be most proud of your son, your leaving us hit him so hard and he held it together and kept strong.. he kept strong for the family and mom he has starting to run... oh would you have been laughing at him trying to beat me, mom it’s wonderful.. he truly is so wonderful.


Oh and mom.. in case you were wondering.. dad is going to be ok...  he lost the love of his life but you made him strong.. like me.. you made us all strong..

Mom, I know those last two years of your life kinda really sucked... but I want to thank you.. for allowing us those extra days with you... I know how much pain you were in and how much you just wanted to pull those damn weeds... and we always had hope.. and you never gave up.  Mom I loved your spirit.    Your body was being destroyed by something that we all were helpless to control... but I wanted to thank you...

I miss you beyond words mom... you were the light in my darkest days... until we meet again..


 Happy Birthday mom..

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...