Monday, February 20, 2017

What Will Tomorrow Bring

Today's Pain is tomorrow's Gain.

My mantra during my long run. Although life has been getting in the way of training; too much homework, too much work-work, too much of not enough good stuff.  You know the drill, I set upon myself to go out this past glorious Sunday and get a nice solid 3 hr run in.  

So you think, heck the girl does this all the time, what's the difference?!  Well the difference is, just because a person is trained to withstand a 3 hr run doesn't mean their body will want to do a 3 hr run!!!  Lol!  

I am not sure where the breakdown happen but I am thinking it was somewhere between the tribal dance and run happy songs.  

I went from cheerful glee to wanting to throw myself down on the pavement.  I get that.  I have to get through that.... but I just couldn't figure out why my heart-rate monitor kept reminding me that I was too high... to high for what?  Surely ain't too high in happiness!!!!   JEEZ.. heart rate too high.. 

And so I decided the best thing to do was to cut the 3 hrs to 2-1/2hrs and finish at 15 miles.  

Could it have been the unseasonable warm temps that I wasn't adjusted to yet?  Or the lack of adequate water? Was it the challenging hills? Or my psycho semantic panic attack about having to do a fast marathon in less than three weeks..??

I am sure, it was a combination of all of the above, the half hour walk to get home cleared my head to remind myself.  

I do this because I LOVE to do this.  

I LOVE TO RUN... 

I run because I want to run.  Whether or not I make a fast marathon in three weeks, I know I will finish that marathon and smile doing it!  

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...