Monday, October 27, 2008

Pre Race Stress Disorder

Nerves… Tension… Mental Strain… in one week Joe will be completing his first ever marathon… and I think he is handling it quite well.. ..

… see I have a really good idea about this .. the week prior to my Ironman Triathlon I developed what I call... Maniac Syndrome.... I over exaggerated everything … Stupid people became brainless F- idiots… irritating people became infuriating boils… and the slightest even tiniest little problem became pants on fire end of the world bull sh-t.. ...heck I thought I did a good job keeping my emotions in check.. jeez… I worked on my deep breathing exercises.. I worked on calming thoughts and calming words… I read and watched calming programs… so Joe......keeping all your balances in check… when you feel like you want to beat the snot out of someone and have your spouse come get you outta jail.. just remember.... this too shall pass…

C&D Marathon… 6 days and counting……

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...