Saturday, October 18, 2008

Women's 5K Classic

On Saturday, October 18th I participated in the Women’s 5K Classic in Allentown with 5,000+ other women… actually there were “only” 1,500 women in the 5K run.. the rest were either doing the 5 miler, 5K walk or competitive walk. It was a brisk 39 degrees at 8am.. and my toes were frozen solid. I didn't notice they were frozen until around 1-1/2 miles and I was like wow.. can't feel my toes.. that's a new one... I am still struggling on hills.. there was one.. kinda flubbed it... .. need to work on that.. oh and mad as a hornet that I misjudged how FAR finish line was... tee hee... anyhow.. great race, great cause...... finished 43rd overall....6th out of 193 in age... thought it kinda special that around mile 2 a young gal ahead of me (20 year old something)...stopped..... in the middle of the race.... to answer her cell phone.. yep.... oh yeah and then she proceeded to repass me.. ....N-I-C-E... gotta love it... I am gonna to go thaw out now.....
Race Results

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...