Tuesday, July 29, 2008

XTERRA Trail Running Series Champion


Well… I just found out that I am the official XTERRA Trail Running Series Champion for the female 40-44 year olds! Ok.. no snickering.. this is kinda cool.. I mean this means I get free entry into the XTERRA National Championship Xduro in Bend, Oregon on Sept. 27th and I get the title of XTERRA Trail Run Series Champion….

I knew going into the Xterra 21K Half Marathon Trail Race on July 20th that I was 2nd in the point standings and barring something unexpected like not finishing or getting eaten by a bear that I should be able to hold that placing. .. but honestly I didn’t think I had a shot at champion as the gal who was leading our points was one of those exceptional runners that you just have to be in awe of… no way I was coming close to beating her… but sometimes it just takes a little luck… she did not show up to run the 21K and well that freed me up to win our series!

WOW… what a surprise that was… and what an exciting year this is!…. not only do I get to be the PA State Snowshoe Women’s Champion… I also get to be the Xterra Trail Run Series Champion for Female's 40-44. Gotta love it!

Xterra Points Link
Xterra Trail Running Series Info
Mid-Atlantic Events Website

(PS: alas... I cannot go to Oregon, it's the same day as Chessy Man!)

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...