Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Great Stuff

Been soo busy that I forgot to write..here are some bullets:

Womans 5K for Breast Cancer
was on Saturday, October 17th – 40 degrees and pouring rain.... 5,000 woman had signed up but only 2,200 actually came out that day. It was soo cold that it took 10 minutes after the race to thaw out the toes. Great cause and thankfully I picked the actual run and didn’t have to walk in the stuff.. I mean get done quick and change...something to be said about speed! http://www.womens5kclassic.org/

results: https://www.lin-mark.us/results_files/reswomen09.htm


Truck is smelling like death again.. I guess something crawled up inside and died.....now WHY does it feel the need to die INSIDE my truck!!? I am sure it's a sight ...me gasping for breath... head out of window.... heading to work.

Last time Joe and I could not find the carcass.. the smell appeared to emanate from the vents.. we checked every inch of the truck, inside and out.. NADA.. thankfully in the summer the heat mummified it within a month.. this one may take a bit longer.

So not to have a dull moment.... on Monday I come home to a vulture, a headless carcass, and a dead bird… somehow I don’t think I need to go into any more details.. I have concluded that since we all know there are no coyotes in PA that there must be a chupacabra out there...........

(Chupacabra: describes a strange breed of wild dog. This form is mostly hairless and has a pronounced spinal ridge, unusually pronounced eye sockets, fangs, and claws. It is claimed that this breed might be an example of a dog-like reptile. Unlike conventional predators, the chupacabra is said to drain all of the animal's blood (and sometimes organs) through a single hole or two holes.)

I am soo locking myself inside and NOT going out.. EVER… I am seriously thinking I need an exorcist... Amity has nothing on this!




Whew.....well, Joe and I are heading up to Albany, New York this weekend to do the Hairy Gorilla Half Marathon on trails.. should be a blast.. this time he better NOT freaking end up in the hospital! ...and he better not get lost!


Of course the whole reason we are going is because ...I want to get a gorilla finisher medal.. yeah.. so there is a sane reason to drive 4-1/2 hours to NY, rent a hotel, run in the woods, and then drive the 4-1/2 hours back…

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...