Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dream Ride Lancaster - Saturday 7/24/10

On Saturday, July 24th, Joe, Denise, Jim, and I will be riding what I consider to be one of the most fun.. and HARDEST 100 Mile Bike Rides in the area.

It’s not necessarily the distance that’s hard, I mean that's hard in itself.. 100 miles on a bike in 6-7 hours...yeah your hinny will hurt.. but it’s MORE so because of the elevation changes, and the couple of STRAIGHT UP hills… that make me want to cry.. as I PUSH (walk) my bike up them... yeah.. Joe has NEVER had to walk his bike up.. but I can honestly say... I have, on two of the hills... had to... if I didn't.. I would have fallen flat over and just laid in the street to die...

OH YEAH and the fact that this particular bike ride is usually in mid July and it's HOT doesn't help..but I just love the course... the countryside is beautiful..limited yuppies in their elitist vehicles talking on cell phones running us over..not much to worry about, except those d-mn hills... (disclaimer: oh yeah the occasional farmer in his combine - who by the way looked awfully big in the middle of the road to me as a tiny biker)... well there we go.. I just checked the weather and its suppose to be 96 degrees on Saturday… holy sh-t and a half…

This will be the third time that Joe and I will do this Bike Century (100 miler) and the second time that Denise has… and Jim being the newbie… well hopefully he can put up with us for 7 hours! I wonder if I should wear the camera sunglasses... this may make for some great video play backs..

The 15th Annual Dream Ride Lancaster - J uly 24, 2010

Our bicycle tours will take you through the rolling countryside of Western and Northwestern Lancaster County with continuous views of preserved farmland, some covered bridges and the less traveled country roads.Rides start between 6:00AM-6:30AM (depending on fog) and usually finish around 6:00PM. Day-of Registration begins at 5:15 AM.
http://www.dreamrideprojects.org/BicyclingEvents.html#Dream_Ride_Lancaster

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...