Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I need a VACATION from my weekend….

Saturday, July 17th
Glorious day to drive to Ardmore to meet the daughter and her entourage (bridesmaids) to find the perfect bridesmaid dress.. and possibly the dreaded MOTHER OF THE BRIDE DRESS…sigh... now don’t get me wrong.. I LOVE shopping..and I love shopping with my daughter… but the idea of actually getting up early on a Saturday morning, fighting traffic, then having to deal with overly happy girls, trying on dresses, well .. the shop was exquisite... and I can BUY A USED CAR FOR THAT..

So after looking at a gazillion dresses… the girls decide upon some lovely ensembles.. in marine.. and they still had plenty of energy left..I'm exhausted... I'm resting in a fluffy, oversized chair, when Heather rushes over, "OH MOM, you have GOT>>>GOT... to try this one on"… I take my ___ and walk to the fitting room.. I stuff my body in the too small dress… so what you think?

"I don’t know mom… kinda makes you look like a skunk”…

So just gotta say.. it's soo wonderful to see Heather soo happy, and I am SOOO glad that she has such nice girlfriends. ..

I'm home now, contemplating my long run… How to get in 20 miles in 89 degree heat?

I didn't really notice much at first… I mean there is a slight breeze, and it's sure hot… STINKING HOT... STINKING .....AFRICA HOT... and not until about mile 7 do I realize I HEAR SIZZLING… is that my brain.. on FIRE?… and then I see Joe.. he drove the course backwards to find me and brought me more fuel! WHAT A SWEETHEART!!

After a quick couple minutes of replenishing my fluids, I'm back in business… Joe had agreed to meet me at the house when I got to mile 14-15 and then join me for the remaining 5 miles…

I circled back to house, grabbed Joe and off we went … should have known he would have tried to push the pace a bit… I am in some SERIOUS hurt now… and it came on fast… my toes went into spasms…..I thought if I ran one more step I may die… no.. I WILL DIE... EVERYTHING SCREAMED …… STOP.... RIGHT.... NOW but I didn't.. you can't listen to the demons...no matter what they promise you... and so I drug my chaffed body in.. 20 miles…3-1/2 hours … then proceeded to deal with cramping for the next two hours… crawling to bed at 7pm….on a Saturday night... just saying... some of us party..

Sunday, July 18th
Oh lookie.. it's another day... so Joe.. let's go up to Blue Marsh Lake for some open water swim practice…(poor Joe)... … onroad and in water... Swim.... Swim.... Swim… a couple hours later..… one dead carp and a hallucination of a man on a raft… it's all good… it happens… SO BACK HOME…

....laundry, cut Joe’s hair, trim tree (so camper can get out of drive way), ride bike 15 miles..run another 4.... then my legs SCREECH to a halt… NO>>

Dude I HATE when that happens ........

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...