Friday, July 1, 2011

Recovery

WORN OUT.... it's now Friday, a week after Heather’s wedding and I am just starting to feel semi human again.... DANG… THAT wedding stuff is exhausting… !

Sure the humongous amounts of alcohol consumed from Friday night through Saturday night, the late nights with limited sleep, the socializing for three solid days with family and friends, the flailing of arms dancing, and the pitiful EARLY morning runs on a hangover depleted not only my physical reserve but my entire mental reserve. PITIFUL…

I do have to give some credit to the fact I took my nursing 3-1/2 hour Teas test three days before the wedding, Bessie’s 1st birthday was the day after the wedding and mom’s trip to philly to see the cancer doctor was two days after, and oh yeah I put in a garden fountain and some annuals.. so ...its.. ok.. I am sure this all didn’t help my complete, utter exhaustion. …

So I shouldn’t be so down that my training this week have been below par with a total depletion of natural resources.... BUT still, how many days does it take to recover from a wedding?!

Recovery from FULL Ironman: 2 days


Recovery from a wedding: 7+ days & counting


Just a little fun stuff at the wedding with the nephews:

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...