Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Countdown to IRON GIRL 2008

11 days to go.....

On August 24, 2008, I will be racing in the AFLAC IRON GIRL COLUMBIA TRIATHLON in Centennial Park - Columbia, Maryland (0.62mi Swim - 17.5mi Bike - 3.4mi Run). It is an all women's triathlon.… Iron Girl Website

I will be competing against 445+ women in JUST my age group of 40-44..(I believe there are 2,000+ women overall registered)…. Mom and Joe will be accompanying me and I cant wait!! .. I am SOO EXCITED.. this will be the first time EVER that mom will see me compete in a triathlon.. in fact I think it will be the first time ever she has even seen a triathlon. Too cool… !!!

I get to wear a special race bib due to my family and friends helped me collect $535.00 for the Ulman Cancer Fund, which is the first and largest organization in the country solely supporting young adults living with cancer. Ulman Fund Website

I will keep you posted on how I do!!

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...