Tuesday, September 2, 2008

AND WHAT DO YOU DO WITH YOUR FREE TIME?


This was my last big training weekend before Chessy Man.. it was what I consider my warrior weekend… where I condense my training into a few days to see how I will fair.. ….

Friday night.. I prepped my body for a nice long swim.. after an hour and a half of pool bliss… I exited a bit moist, a bit tired.. AND A LOT OF BIT HUNGRY…..I sure hope I aint this hungry when I exit the Chessy Man swim.. .jeez…

On Saturday we wake up early to get started on our long run and I cannot move my left arm and shoulder.. huh… I think I may have thrown it out swimming.. I ice it, Bengay it.. and hoped for the best..

6am and off we go… 95% humidity...aha…I am sure LOVING THESE swamp runs… . 2 hours and 45 minutes later I put up the white flag….. ENOUGH… I ended up only doing 16 miles….. Joe proceeded to get in another mile.. covering a little over 17 miles…. My quads were toast..I am toast… I just want to lay down and die… DIE!>……

I promise Joe that since we had a long weekend, that Monday would be our sleep in day… because Sunday we had to get up early and head out for some bike work… a little more than a half century later on crappy rolling Chester County hills. .. 58 miles to be exact… we completed our weekend…

So Monday is a rest day… and what do we do… ???? GO SHOPPING… yes!!! Boy it’s great to have free time! Joe treats me to some cool fall and Halloween stuff… in which I promptly put together a Halloween Christmas Tree… !
AHHHH… LIFE IS GOOD!

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...