Tuesday, September 16, 2008

RIVERRUN 5K RUN/WALK

On Sunday, I decided that I would drive to Charlestown Maryland which is a scenic water town in northeastern Maryland so I could run the RiverRun 5K and then scoot over to Elk Neck State Park and get in some open water swimming…

I am very glad I did this race… not only was the course challenging and fun but they had a festival going on and the town was alive with fun things to do. However, I could have done without the 90 some degree heat and humidity... but heck we cant get it all!

Here is my race report:
Sunday was race in Charlestown, Maryland.... took 1 hr 15 mins to get there... 11am race.. it was HOTTER THAN H-ll... thinking around 90 degrees with high humidity... got completely drenched in just the warm up...

Tried to be conservative.. felt like my head was going to blow off at mile 2...got really really dizzy...thankfully dumped water on head at aid station... course was great..really challenging with some good rollers and one really painful hill at mile 3.. but it made you honest! The heat really does me in ...

My splits were:
7.30, 15.45, 24.03.. took me almost a minute to do last .12.. which I think was because of a rather large hill at mile 3.. ended with a 25 flat.. not my best time but happy to be alive! I was 3rd overall female, first women masters.. RiverRun 5K Results

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...