Friday, April 10, 2009

100%

Oh yeah baby....I am #100...that is my bib number for tomorrow’s half marathon (13.1 miles) in Cambridge Maryland... Joe is #99... How cool is that!?

Tomorrow Cambridge is also celebrating their 325th Anniversary and they have a whole day of celebrations and a block party starting at 4pm...thus the special gold seal you see on my racing bib.

Not sure what the weather is going to do.. big storm coming.. GEE GO FIGURE THAT!....now that’s really usual... um..NOT!...the weather people state:
Windy with a steady rain early then remaining cloudy
with a few showers. High 57 (suppose to be around 51 and rain @ 8am when we
start).. JUST LOVE THIS.. winds out of the north... 20-30 mph...

Yup... that should make for some really fast times... UMMMM...NOT!... I don’t think the wind will get that high in the am... they are only calling for around 13 mph then... I’ll take that.... I guess the higher winds will be later? ....So what's that mean for our bike ride?


We brought the bikes.. thought we could get in a good old 56 mile bike ride later on Saturday... riding the Eagleman course or part of Chessy Man course for fun.. depending on violent weather and all.. not that weather should be a deterrent on us doing the bike ride but I think me and Cambridge have had enough practice in the rain and changing FLAT tires... so will see..


Definitely looking forward to a really fun weekend.. we love it down here... and this will be Joe’s first chance to run in an official race here... will be my third time... AT LEAST I DON’T HAVE TO FREAKING GET IN THE WATER THIS TIME!!! ....Did you all see how calm the water is, check out pic below.... I couldn’t believe it... we saw a jelly fish.. yup.. what's with that???.... didn’t think it was warm enough yet... that is NOT A good sign for June... when I come back to swim in the shit....heck...

Our hotel is great.. we are stying at the Holiday Inn Express down here.. and just love it.. hot tub and indoor pool... and down the road is a great Italian Greek restaurant that we can gorge ourselves in...


What to expect for times tomorrow.. ??...don’t know.. been sick this week... so haven’t eaten much for a few days.. and haven’t run in a few days... and Joe got sick too... so going into race a bit weaker than usual.. but Joe says he still going kick my a-s.. he better hope I don’t hide his timing band...
(Joe facebooking at dinner in pic)

At least I am #100... and not #99 with 1% filler.. ha.... Going to see what tomorrow brings when tomorrow comes... I love running in rain and Joe HATES rain.. perhaps this will give me a mental advantage over him? ....So far there are only around 200 people signed up... we didn’t look but I can probably bet that most will be in our age group.. usually are... so just looking at getting our FINISHER MEDALS and actually RUNNING the ENTIRE Eagleman course.

Yes, they are going to run us on the same course that I did for the Eagleman Triathlon last year.. only difference is it WON’T be AFRICA HOT and 100 degrees out and thus me having to walk because ME NO ACCLIMATED TO HEAT...and Joe wont fry his laptop this time (yes at Eagleman he left his laptop in car waiting for me.. can you imagine how hot that got..).... so this time I am going to run in nice 50 degree rain and WILL BE HAPPY!

NIGHT ALL.... hope I can sleep ...I had two mountain dews...

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...