Saturday, April 11, 2009

Cambridge Half Marathon 2009



Tummy bug
I have absolutely ZERO..ZIL..ZING,... NADA.. NOPE.. NUNNA.. nothing left....I was actually quite proud of myself... that I finished today's race..actually running... going into the race I knew...but I wanted to see how far I could get. The body felt... felt as though someone sucked every bit of life and energy out of me...




For those following my drama... I had developed some sort a TUMMY BUG on Wed, accompanied by a brain splitting headache and a whole bunch of other NOT so fun delights.. and although I felt better in a day...my stomach just wouldn't settle.. SO for the last three days... anything I have put in the body...HAS LEFT...AND QUICKLY....like my wonderful Lasagna carb meal last night...which didn’t even wait an hour.... oh and whats with NO PORT-A-Pots on the course...!! ??? NOT COOL!


Nothing really hurt... but really.... how could I hurt when I can't MOVE fast enough to feel hurt!!! ....UGH ARGHH... I guess snails can hurt too...ok so..susie the snail here felt like someone attached a hose and vacuumed out her inserts... is that descriptive enough?...I just could not move the body any faster.. .. and there was NOTHING I could do about it.. thems the breaks... ...I had been lightheaded since around mile 8 and almost fell into the gutter a couple time...kinda F- funny......although I think I was subconsciously wishing this on myself.. because then I could ride in a nice warm ambulance...


My brain was fuzzy..... fuzzier than NORMAL......oh no... the blood sugar was taking a big ole dive... and then there was the finish line....I vaguely recall Joe screaming to sprint or some sorta horse shit like that... but I was done... .. and VERY HAPPY to be done... 1.58 and something.. around my average half time... and I ended up placing 2nd age... THANK G_D for 5 year age groups.. ! ENOUGH!


(This is Joe getting his gear on)
Joe once again did a phenomenal job.... coming within 1 minute of his best time and 4th in his age group. 1.44.21....Joe also had some stomach issues this week but said they didn’t affect him as much as me although he did pull his quad muscle during a training run and with all his HATENESS of rain..I am very proud that he mentally toughed it out!


We didn’t get any finisher medals.. SUCKS>>> I mean I was kinda WAITING for my hardware!!!.... UGH GRRR...they said they were trying to go Eco-friendly or some kinda horseshit like that... cheap AS MO-FOs...and I didn’t get anything yet for my age group placing... they mentioned something about mailing certificates to the 2nd and 3rd place citizens..oops I mean winners.. blaaa...

Well its still raining....and so we may have to put away all good intentions of going out for a bike ride.. AWE SUCH A SHAME...
NAP TIME!

I am laying here typing... waiting to see if the cheese and crackers that I just ate will stay down... if so... we are SOOO going to try and get a good dinner in tonight! ...Oh and by the way... look at my hair!!!! .....A bit of wind and rain does wonders....what a RATS NEST!.. will post results soon as they are listed!


RESULTS:

Joe: 4th out of 10 in age group, and 33rd out of 164 overall

(200 people had signed up to run but only 164 actually did due to weather conditions)

Wendy: 2nd out of 18 age group, and 75th out of 164 overall


Cambridge Half Marathon Results

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...