Saturday, April 25, 2009

News Clip – Brain Throwing Up on Paper

I just couldn’t get to updating the blog this week.. or last week.. it's just that..

I am the only person I know who can run three marathons, a 50K trail race, a full Ironman Distance Triathlon, plus countless other races in one year... and CAN NOT ....CAN NOT....make 120 visits to her local YMCA..... So does NOT get reimbursed for the healthy lifestyle program.. reimbursement of $100... how is that possible!?????.......


Stick.. pick up sticks.. If I pick up one more stick I will scream.. I was stick picker upper last weekend so Joe could mow.. I think an entire tree regurgitated on the lawn.. and don’t even tell me to hire someone.. have you seen anyone willing to be paid $10 to pick up sticks ... I THINK NOT... this ole back no likey this kinda work..a week after the fact I still have to hold my back when bending over to pick up the dog..


Turkey crossing - That’s an AWFUL BIG BIRD WENDY... . coffee in hand looking out of window into back yard..... I think it’s a buzzard.... BUT THAT’S A BIG BIRD.... nah not ugly enough ....maybe it’s a turkey.. have you ever seen a live turkey?...No....well it walking through our yard... go out there an getta picture...

Brother turned 40, nephew turned 4... and how many birthday parties can one person attend in one weekend .........no way the bro is 40 since I am older and still only 30...

Isabella – UGH: Yeah well the dog... I was on dog duty for a few days solo while Joe went to Atlanta on business.. this meant instead of us splitting the getting up with the dog.. we usually switch back and forth on who get up.. I was 100% on my own.... the dilemma is I go to bed early AND REALLY NEED LOTS OF SLEEP..... so of course she gets up at 12:30am needs to go out.. I have to GET UP out of a sound sleep... pick her up.. carry her outside... wait.. yawn.. bring her back in... back to bed.. ahhh... then OMG back up at 4:30am .. UP AGAIN out of a sound sleep.. pick her up.. take her outside... wait... yawn.. back inside....I jump back in bed.. ahh.. only an hour till have to get up... but I can zzzzzzzz.....for the next 20 minutes the dog proceeds to make all sort of exaggerated noises... coughing.. breathing really heavy.. walks into things purposely because she SOO can navigate the house even being blind I have seen her.. but she is making this a big ole issue because I wont feed her...

I SAID NO BREAKFAST UNTIL 5AM... obviously her plan and my plan do not mash... I now lay in bed listening to all this for 20 minutes.. until I get up at 4:50.. and feed her.. her F_ breakfast.!!!!!.. like holy shit you are NOT GOING to starve to death! ...UGH UGH UGH... once she gets her breakfast she comes back to bed and all is good in her life...

Heat acclimating.. heavy legs....It got kinda hot towards the end of this week during the training runs...and the leggies have been feeling kinda heavy .. like someone dropped two bags of shit in each one... I am sure hoping by Sunday’s 5K that all become nicey nice again.. and that I can run like a Kenyan instead of an Athena... it's tough trying to heat acclimate when you are in a comfy controlled environment all day... nothing like working in an office... not only do you have artificial lighting to make you have a nice gray pallor you also get to breath the nice climate controlled stale air.. .just get me out!

Joe trail run .. some sorta lightening event.. Joe was in Atlanta for a few days this week on business and he and his boss took a run on a trail.. a very HILLY trail by the way.. I checked the elevation of these hills once he can home and put his garmin specs on the computer.. his garmin by the way is a GPS unit that registers his pace, heart rate and elevation... so I am looking at the elevation and I am like.. did you have to walk up any of those hills?... And he looked at me like I asked him to drink poison...... no ....ok.. well ... Whatever (I would have walked.. those were some hills)... so he proceeds to tell me that a thunderstorm was brewing in the distance when they were running and that those thunderbolts were getting closer and closer and they just barely made it back to their cars... and later they come to find out a lightening bolt hit the airport's control tower.. like yeah I would get me on a plane... oh really ...

Pays to be Prepared - Boston hotel booked... YEAH... now I most certainly love this.... Each year through the Boston Marathon website they offer a list of hotels.. probably around 30+ or so hotels that offer discounted rates for people who run the Boston Marathon... so of course you know me... I researched this last year and pulled up all the hotels on the list that met the criteria that I wanted for a hotel... close to finish... indoor swim pool and hottub... internet service... not too ritzy. .not too expensive.. breakfast options.. etc... so I pick my three hotels.. and wait until they open up the list for the April 2010 hotels .....as I know the hotels sell out quickly and I don’t want to end up in some bug invested hostel that is an hour away from Boston.. so they listed the hotels.. I picked my top three and then I sent in a check for one nights room as a deposit... note I will get my deposit back minus a $20 handling fee if I have to cancel or want to cancel the hotel prior to February 2010... SO ALAS I prepared.. when I QUALIFY for Boston I will have a hotel!! ...YES......And if I don’t qualify this year I will just lose $20...... Great stuff huh!??.....

SO somehow I convince Denise.. my run bud to also put her deposit down.. because we BOTH intend to qualify for Boston.. G-D HELP US!... So I am ECSTATIC... UNTIL... would you believe that the hotel we booked.. my number one choice...the one that I researched as the best option... IS ALSO the hotel that the Craig List killer ....killed that gal in a few weeks ago..
ARE YOU F- KIDDING ME!!!!..... out of the 30+ hotels on the list.... I pick the one hotel that has to be named in a murder.. I am soo FREAKING OUT now.. do I cancel reservation ???...change to a different hotel... ???...or keep it and wonder if the room I am staying in .. is that... room.. .OMG... I can’t win a scratch off ticket but I can book a room a person is murdered in... .. nice

Bee or not to be.. today I did my yard work.. tons of it... and I was planting my seedlings in my little seed cups.. doing that on my porch enjoying the beautiful day and a rather large... I would say VERY large bumble bee pays me a visit.. he visited me the other day when I was sitting on porch so this was not the first time that I saw him.. so hello Mr. bumble bee.. what's you doing.. and this bee hovers about a foot away from me... I go about my business...he played this kinda game the other day and I did try and take a picture but it didn’t really turn out... but today.. the bee just annoyed me... so I poked my finger at him.. you would have thought I had laser beams coming off my finger tips.. I never touched him but he... did like a back summersault in mid air... almost flew into the bush and then picked himself back up and came back.. and once again hovered about a foot from me..

So I did that again.. I poked at him in the air.. and HE FREAKED OUT again... flipping over and flying backwards away... then zooming back... so we played this game for about 5 minutes and then I HAD to get back to what I was doing but now he was creeping closer.. and I was afraid he was going to like make a sneak attack and come bite my head or something.. so I tried to swish him away.. well this proceeded to either invigorate him or aggravate him because now he's back and closer... swish him....back.. swish.. back... I gave up and went inside... I just know the next time I go out he is going to bite my ass.... Does Dr. Doolittle sound familiar????.... What kinda KARMA do I have!!! ??

Womens by the Bay 5K - mother daughter race... tomorrow is the Womens By the Bay 5K in Havre de Grace, Maryland.. this will be the third year for the race and the third year I am running it. Last year my daughter also ran it with me and we won 2nd place for a mother daughter team.. they combined our finish times.. and thus we won 2nd... this year we are once again running it together... I give her credit.. she hasn’t trained much this year .. in fact I think she only trained a couple times... and she is still coming out to do the race.. if she passes me... I SO WILL GIVE UP RUNNING>>

Marathon at Lehigh in September - revised training schedule ..Signed Joe and I up to do another marathon this fall... . I had concluded I needed two shots at placing for Boston...and Joe would just want to run for fun.. so signed him up too... (ha).... so I picked the Lehigh Marathon.. which is in Allentown area.. and they swear it is not hilly.. and I AM GOING TO TELL YOU... every single solid race that I have run up in that area... that they have SAID IS FLAT OR NOT HILLY... has been HILLY.....so those.. PA “mountain people”...... rate hills differently than us “beach bottom dwellers”.. because them's some hills up there... but will see.. perhaps they found a nice flattish 26.2 mile section... .. so cant wait... but if something goes array with this one.. I still have the Rehoboth Marathon on November 21st...

Heather Graduation Party – Heather’s college graduation party is in less than a month.. alas.. the reason for my total brain failure... I have been trying to get everything done.. the house clean, the gardens clean, plus finish up my semester for school.. and well NO WONDER I have not found the extra motivation or time to swim.. and bike ...in preparation for Eagleman... yikes!!!

NOT swimming or biking – Eagleman Triathlon.. HALF IRONMAN.. which is a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike and 13.1 mile run is in Mid June.. I have a little over a month to train.. run training – no problem.. swim.. ..um... bike... um.. I HAVE GOT to get to this.. you know how bad my ass is going to hurt if I don’t get it back on the bike.. and that’s if I don’t drown myself first.. JEEZ US...

Busy at work – Work has been busy... busy... busy.. I think everyone is crazy but me...

Class ended... Finally ended this semester... passed with an “A”!... ARIGHTY!!!...enough... don’t have to go back to class until the end of June.... That should help!

Mulch-A-MULCH.... 20 bags.....something almost satisfying about lifting mulch bags, and mulching the gardens.... Life is good... although I may not be able to physcially lift my beat up ole body outta bed tomorrow for the race.. the gardens will look great!

Will keep you posted.. PEACE OUT


Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...