Monday, May 4, 2009

KUNG FU Fighting

People were almost fist fighting at the YMCA this am.. it was SOO crowded… each lane had two people and some had three… and of course the normal buttheads, a bunch of older guys who EVERY morning I see them.. they hog up four lanes.. and according to the life guard are there for 2 hours… they occasionally swim, but mostly every time I look over they have stopped to take “Breaks” and are socializing with each other… patting themselves on their backs for their wonderful wonderfulness… .

I was lucky I got in a lane with a man who swam like a frog.. he prevented anyone else from wanting to join our lane.. which gave me time to squeeze in a mile without people GLARING at me… and I looked FAST next to him!!! HA… let the others fight…

People are soo strange at the Y… the other day this guy in the next lane.. jumps in the shallow end.. feet first… like isn’t it only 3 feet in the shallow end..??? And did he not just shove his go-nads into his head by doing that..??? … so after he jumps in the pool feet first.... he proceeds to dolphin dive down the lane creating a giant tsunami across the entire pool until mid way he changes over to something of a regular swim stroke.. and WTF.. …?

So thus my morning swims are always an adventure of some sort… oh yeah and for the elderly chick in the two piece skimpy swim suit.. WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING??

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...