Friday, August 14, 2009

Drama Free

It's been F-O-R-E-V-E-R since I wrote.. I know.. but two weeks of non drama was great... here are some tid bits going back to where I left off... the 100 Mile Bike Event on July 25th....

Saturday, July 25th – Dream Lancaster Century (100 Mile Bike Ride)
Joe and I had to get up at some un-godly hour like 3:45am in order to leave by 4:15am in order to get to Lancaster by 6am... talk about wow... who is stupid enough to want to do this on their day off..???.... yeah that’s us...me and the Bubble Boy... in the car we go.. me driving ...Bubble Boy in a coma.. eyes rolling around inside his head.

It was REALLY foggy... like serial creepy fog..and made for some extra tricky driving.. thankfully Bubble Boy was sound asleep and not driving.. I was hoping our friend Denise (who was meeting us there) wouldn’t have any issues....

We arrive around 5:30am and started our process of getting ready for the ride, checking the bike tire pressure, filling the water bottles, preparing the fuel, you know normal stuff for a day of fun on the bike.. I opted to carry a backpack on my back..


It’s a small backpack but it holds all kinda of things like Joe’s EPI PEN... the camera, the cell phones, snacks, etc. .. I most certainly look part pack mule and I am most certainly don’t care.

By the time Denise got there and set up we left around 6.25 am.. it was still a bit foggy but we were on our way. Rounding one of the first hill corners Joe bit the dust.. I didn’t see it.. but I heard the story afterwards... damn lucky he didn’t break something... .wow not a good start...

Around mile 7 I got a flat on my rear tire...
we are only 7 miles into our 100 mile bike..and we have to STOP to change it.. thankfully I have my "mechanic" with me this time and he goes to town changing my flat.. very nice!.. so much better then when I had to change my OWN tire at the ChessyMan Race.

While Denise and I watched... and I nibbled on a powerbar ...I wondered if she knew what she was getting in for when she signed up to do this with us... hmmm ..


I think we did much better this year than last year.. its a tough course, lots of hills and some quite steep..I know I personally felt better than last year, more trained and such but I still had to walk my bike up a couple of those huge inclines..

I just don’t have the same power legs that Joe has.. that boy knows how to get up those hills! ....


Denise did a superb job for this being her first century ever...

We finished around 3.48pm... 7 hours and 47 minutes that is our moving time.. our time counting the breaks was around 9 hours or so.. yikes.. . I think Joe and I ate everything in sight once we got done... another dream event done!

Sunday, July 26th
I was suppose to compete in the Keystone State Games (track and field events) up in York, Pa but upon waking I heard thunderstorms .. I checked weather report and they were calling for a 60% chance of storms... I know they would delay the meet and or cancel or postpone some of the activities and that last thing I wanted to do was drive the hour and a half back to Lancaster (York) and find out my events were postponed... so I opted to just finish packing for vacation and head down to the beach.

I packed the cat and the dog in the truck (NO ...NOT THE TRUNK >> THE TRUCK!) and off we went.... yeah baby... vacation here we come.
**********************************************************************************
VACATION – Indian River, Delaware
Mom and dad were already set up by the time I got there and dad helped me pick up the camper from the place we were keeping it... thankfully everything went smoothly... very nice.... two weeks of PLEASURE AND FUN!!!!!! ....I am at the beach baby!

Monday, July 27th: No drama.. other than I opted to run my 5 miler when a freak thunderstorm with 60 MPH winds came through.. lucky for me I was at mile 4 and on the way back when the hail hit me... . soo uncool to be out in a thunderstorm with NO WHERE to hide..I ran like someone lit me on fire..


Tuesday, July 28th: No drama.. other than the fact I had to run my long run of 18 miles and it was 85 degrees and HUMID....I carried a back pack with two extra bottles of water.. I also had to stop at a store mid run for two more bottles .....really questioning WHY I am training for a marathon in the summer, let alone training for one at all!

Wednesday, July 29th: No drama.. other than Mom and I went to the thrift stores and I bought a life size store mannequin, guitar and large lamp made out of ship parts... yeah... no further explanations needed. Oh her name is Jennie.....











Thursday, July 30th: No drama..other than JUST HOT... Joe arrive this evening.. perhaps the animals will settle down a bit now.. and stop getting us up at 3:30 am for breakfast!

Friday, July 31st: No drama..other than .. yeah you guessed it.. it's HOT, Heather arrived this evening... the whole family is here...

Saturday, August 1st: No drama..other than the fact it's STILL HOT.. Kinda wanted to do the Venus on the Half Shell Race as I had done this the last two years but
couldn’t risk upsetting the marathon training.. a really fast 5K would do me NO GOOD right now.. tomorrow would be our long run.. had to go on fresh legs... no Venus for me... boo hooo

Sunday, August 2nd: No drama..other than the fact we were up at 4:30am with the animals and getting ready for our long run... started around 6am... and thankfully so because it got HOT AND HUMID fast.. we lucked out that it stayed overcast until the last few miles of our 20 miler...dad caught a HUGE flounder!

Monday, August 3rd: No drama, other than it was JUNGLE JIM WATER PARK DAY.. yippee day to float around and relax.. for what... $30 a person and we treated Heather and her boyfriend Kyle.. so that was like...$120 for four people to sit on tubes?...... F_ CRIMINAL!!.. oh and it was HOT OUT AGAIN..

Tuesday, August 4th: No drama, other than the normal.. IT WAS HOT.. we had freak storms come in.. but it’s the beach... training is going AMAZINGLY well.. sure love this flat sea level running! ....Got my fishing license... yeah... OH YEAH and we signed up for the Eagleman Half Ironman 2010.. both JOE and I... now to figure out how to teach Joe to freestyle swim before June 2010......Joe did a 20 mile bike ride by himself today.. I didn’t feel like going.. wow.. interesting huh..

Wednesday, August 5th: No drama.. other than fishing sucks...and that I was still working on my final for my Sociology class which is due on Tuesday... we ran, we ate, we relaxed, we took mom to thrift stores, I got crochet needles, like I have time for one more hobby... life is good.

Thursday, August 6th: No drama.. other than Joe pushed the pace on the run today.. we only did 3.. he acted like we were in a race.. whatever.. I hung on... fine..then it was family picture night and it poured rain.. buckets and buckets of rain... made for some interesting pics.

Friday, August 7th: No drama.. other than the animals have NOT settled down, in fact they are worse since joe is here.. ugh.. spit... Joe decided to do another 20 mile bike ride and I did a run instead... and we both were happy as a pig in shit.. and is this the life or what!?...... Fishing still sucks.. I lost 4 or was that 6 lures... and spent more time unhooking things then hooking... fake bait is stupid....

Saturday, August 8th: No drama.. other than we spent the day packing up and cleaning up and getting ready to bring the camper home... LAST OFFICIAL DAY OF VACATION.. boo hoo...

Sunday, August 9th: No drama..it was our long run at home.. and it sucked.. BOY did it suck to try and run on hills in the heat... 17 miles was all we did.. we wanted to do 18.. but I couldn’t run not one more step... damn near dead as hell... Joe treated me later to lunch and new sneakers.. “golden slippers”... I am going to be fast as lightening now... once I find my legs.


BACK TO REALITY..........................




BACK TO REALITY..........................










Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...