Monday, August 24, 2009

There is a sucker born every moment

Man…. sometimes if something looks too good to be true.. IT IS!!!!….

Yesterday during our weekly shopping excursion to the Walmart, Joe haphazardly decided to bring me along… again… not good since the last two times he brought me… well he ended up spending way over the $$’s allocated for the trip.. so this time I promised him he wouldn’t spend as much.. I only needed to get a couple little things..one being like a cork board or something to display pics… YEAH……I am screwed… this letter says it all:.

I want to write a letter and thank Mr. Corkboard


Dear Mr. Corkboard,

I want to thank you for the exceptional value of your product that I purchased today at the Walmart. Four pieces of corkboard plus stickies to attach each board to the wall for only $5.97, I bought two packs. I couldn’t wait to get home and adorn my walls with your product.

You made it exceptionally easy to apply the sticky stuff to each corner and within ten minutes I had eight corkboards up on my wall and had attached some pictures. Life was good. Shame that my utter delight only lasted about the same amount of time it takes to digest a peanut buster parfait.

Not only did the cork board start flipping off the wall (even though the wall was clean and dry when I applied them) and when I attempted to remove the ones that did not flip off, they wouldn’t come off and ripped.

So now I have three damaged corks and five corks that wont stick. Out of utter frustration I finally removed the rest of the them and to my delight there were now 32 stickies attached to my wall. And no amount of scrapping, pulling, or rubbing would get them off (oh yeah and the knife didnt help matters either).

I am now on a half bottle of GooGone and feeling a bit funny being in an enclosed room, and needing ventilation. Stickies are now off and are stuck under my nails, stuck on my hands, in my hair, you name it. They are off but now my wall is covered with 32 grease spots.

So again I want to thank you for offering such an exceptional product for an extraordinary price.

Sincerely,

Sucker


Shame I really cant send this letter, now I have one hour to get this wall cleaned up before the hubby gets home and FLIPS OUT.. there are two things he doesn’t like me to mess with and I DO MESS WITH SHIT… don’t touch his grass.. nor his walls… oh and it's not like he doesn’t have a good reason to banish me from these areas… he also took away my staple gun.. but I have hidden my own hammer…

I am HAVOC with a capital H! ....Perhaps he wont notice..


Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...