Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Colorado State Games

Well, I qualified for the 2009 Colorado State Games.... cool huh???...They hold these games every two years and by “winning” a spot in the top three of my age group in my track events (400M, 800M, 1500M, & 3000M) in the summer of 2007... I qualified to go…they just sent me the announcement… of course the fact that out of the four events I did in 2007, that I was the only one in my age group for two of them should not deter my enthusiasm for qualifying! ...HA..Remember it’s who shows up to run!!

Alas, I cannot go... it’s during the Duffy Family Vacation and well it’s a LONG drive to Colorado.. so will have to pass this year.. ....although the medals are really, really cool.. and did you see??.. they have an archery event.. !...hmmm.. gotta look into this ....(click on picture above for link to Colorado State game site.

Here is the note I received:

Dear SGA Qualifier,

Congratulations...you have qualified for the 2009 State Games of America by winning a gold, silver, or bronze medal in your State Games or in the 2007 State Games of America!!! As a qualifier you are invited to participate in the 2009 State Games of America, July 30 - August 2, in Colorado Springs, America, July 30 - August 2, in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The State Games of America is a national multi-sport event for athletes of all ages and abilities held every two years.

The 2009 State Games of America will offer competition in the following sports: 5K Run/Walk, Archery, Badminton, Basketball, Billiards, BMX, Bowling, Cycling, Diving, Field Hockey, Figure Skating, Flag Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Inline Hockey, Judo, Karate, Powerlifting, Racquetball, Rock Climbing, Shooting, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Table Tennis, Tennis, Track & Field, Triathlon, Volleyball, Weightlifting, and Wrestling.


For information on local events... there is the PA Keystone State Games (this is where I qualifed)at the end of July. Click on picture for website information (they will update website in the spring. )

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...