Saturday, January 31, 2009

We are HERE

WE ARE HERE.. In Sunny COLD Florida... and I think everyone who lives in Florida resides in OCALA...

The traffic here put my morning commute in PA to shame...I pictured Horse Farms.. countryside.. and flowers.. not even close... so far.. the words .. PHILLY... seem to be more accurate.. will see what tomorrow brings..

I took some more notes on drive from Savannah to Ocala... (thats me in the pic)
..not much to report.. other than the 45 minutes it took at Quiznos to get our lunch ...OH...and that I almost ran over an older guy with my truck at the Florida Welcome Center... I mean I felt REALLY bad... it was an honest mistake..!!... thank goodness his wife caught him....and that he didn't smack my truck with his cane... DONT ASK...poor old man.. jeez us... I am going to H-ll for sure...

Went to the Walmart and got us a couple throw away sweatshirts.. figured that would be the best option for tomorrow's freeze start and the subsequent heat finish... only problem is that I have issues with actually THROWING the sweatshirt away... I don't know.. I am not sure why I can't part with things.. I mean it was purchased for this reason.. was $5... it will be given to charity (whomever pics it up will send it to charity)..... and it's really a nice throw away sweatshirt.. sigh..

Heading for our pasta dinner.. Joe is done being mad at me now...DON'T ASK.... I guess too much togetherness on the ride down is taking it's toll.. GEE THAT DIDN'T TAKE LONG! :)

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...