Tuesday, January 6, 2009

GOD of HURT

Went to my Sports Massage Therapist last night for the first of a few sessions to help elevate some residual pains and aches from all the crap I did last year.... OH boy is he a GOD OF HURT… After my first session with him a week or so ago, I noticed that I could actually rotate my hip again while running .. it felt REALLY good to run… amazing how you don’t realize how LOCKED up your body can be and how your body will adapt to bad habits.

Everyone thinks of massages and or stretching with words such as OHHHs and AHHHS, and something like warm water running down your back.. but perhaps given that if I was NOT being twisted into the shape of a pretzel and kneaded into a ball of dough that perhaps.. just maybe… I could say something more than OW>>> and EWE>. And .. UGH>.. AND JEEZ US…. but the goal is recovery and to get me running really well again. And my God of Hurt does an AWESOME job..!

So after being stretched, pulled, prodded, and had pointy fingers stuck into my hip sockets.. I crawl off the table to go watch the suggested plyometrics in order to enhance my training. So hobble …hobble… hobble … go watch the man jump around… as he diligently shows me something such as bunny hops.. and fast feet... I am thinking, “OH YEAH.. I most certainly will be in traction”… see the man jump UP.. and see the man come down soft like a snowflake (his words I swear.. liked that analogy)… see the man jump up.. see the man come down… see the man’s feet move like he’s stomping out a fire.. see the man jump up..down… I read about some of these in my journals for Personal Training… I am SOO freaking exhausted just watching him…I hope he seriously does not think I will need to do these… (yes Wendy you will need to do them)

Session over… he says, “See you Saturday”… huh.. oh yeah.. I almost forgot.. another session on Saturday am….. now to figure out how to walk out to the car.

PS: HAPPY 1st YEAR ANNIVERSARY JOE!!.. (if you remember.. it was a year ago this month that he stopped smoking and started running and biking... )

I can't believe in ONE year you have completed 2 marathons and numerous other runs and races..and you never ran before in your life !!! YOUR AWESOME!!
PSS: I hope everyone’s goals for this year are set.. I am SOO excited.. this is going to be a great year!!!.. starting off with a nice WARM Florida Marathon in a month!!!... so far here is the spring race schedule (obviously subject to change).. if anyone wants to train for a 5K or anything let me know… I can set you up with a plan… Heather is entertaining the idea of doing a half marathon..

1/11/09: Icicle 10 Miler (training)
2/01/09: Ocala Marathon (training)
3/07/09: Pittsfield Snowshoe Marathon/Half (training) – (only Wendy doing)
3/21/09: Virginia Beach Shamrock 8K **THIS IS THE BIG RACE
3/22/09: Virginia Beach half marathon (training)
4/04/09: Kutztown 5K
4/26/09: Women’s by the Bay 5K (only Wendy doing)
5/17/09: Delaware Marathon or Half

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...