Friday, July 10, 2009

Charlie the Chipmunk

I gotta say I am one of the luckier ones.. when I run, I have the option of taking a lot of country type roads and sometimes on these roads I would see the occasional bunny, deer, chipmunk, cat, bat, mole .. you know.. wildlife…

What I can't understand is how Heather when she runs these same roads she seems to have animal issues… I have been on runs with her and I am shocked at how many animals “throw” themselves at her..if I didn’t see it with my own eyes I would never have believed it… although I am still questioning the whole white owl story… either case… Heather is an animal magnet…...

So I am not at all shocked when she calls me up all teary:
Mom... sniff.. sniff.. I ran over my first animal...sniff.... sniff…. It was a small chipmunk… (how you hit something the size of small stone moving at the speed of light is besides me)… I felt this bump... sniff.. sniff... and then the poor little thing had to drag himself off the road.. sniff. sniff... (and she is seeing this in her rear view mirror while she is driving?) … I won't be able to EVER get that vision out of my head… sniff sniff ...
So not to make light of her recent “tragedy” I try to tell her it was a good thing it wasn’t something like a dog or a cat or something like that. ...And really she should be lucky she didn’t grind the Mother F-er up in the car engine like I did to the poor squirrel taking a nap there a year or so ago.....poor heather…

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...