Friday, July 17, 2009

Faces of Death

Ok.. I really should be used to this kinda of thing by now…

It started a few days ago… this really foul stench emanating from somewhere inside my truck…

At first, I thought perhaps maybe when I shoved my MTB bike (mountain bike) into the back of the truck on Monday evening that perhaps something got on the bike and transferred into the truck (even though I had a sheet down on carpet before putting bike in)….but NOPE… it was not from the bike… hmmm….

So on Wednesday am, mom and dad said drop the truck off at our house… we will look.. I was like ALRIGHTY.. cool!!!.. I drop off truck, take mom’s as a loaner and head to work… a few hours later I get a call… Mom asks if I had another set of keys… this is NEVER a good way to start a conversation…

I said not on me… WHY?.......well it appears that after mom and dad cleaned up truck (and NO it was not that dirty!).. she had placed my truck keys on the back rear bumper of dad’s truck which was sitting in the driveway.. and then proceeded to take dad’s truck to the grocery store.

Well …..the keys must of flew off the back of the truck and landed somewhere between their house and the store ….and thus now mom and dad were in a frantic search for them.. they drove the course..… dad driving…mom hanging out the window looking.. (like how they could see a set of keys from their truck is besides me)
.. they go back in store.. ask if anyone turned in a set of keys.. no… they head back out and scour parking lot… nothing… exasperated.. they head back home..

Mom not being the type to give up on anything… decides she is going to walk the course and look…. I can only imagine what this must of looked like….. and how she did NOT get run over when she was looking in the street is besides me…. because you know DANG well she wasn’t just staying on the side of the road…

Anyhow… VIOLA she find them!… A bit smashed up and the key separated from the clicker.. but she found them and they still work.. !!! Amazing… !!! Mom sounded exhausted on the phone... she said she was going for a nap.. poor mom.. poor dad.. I bet you money they wont volunteer for anything again!

So at the end of the day we exchange vehicles and I thank them a thousand times over .. what wonderful parents I have!!!!!… I head home… sniff ...sniff… ugh… I will give it some time…..

So Thursday am comes and I go to get in my truck to head to work and open the door.. and HOLY SHIT…. I just burned my nose hairs right out of my nose… now not only is the foul stench still there, it's worse… and is combined with whatever they used to help neutralize the smell .. so a combination of death and Citric Caribbean Hibiscus?.... Oh something is so freaking DEAD…

After work, truck sitting in the heat all day… Man, I don’t even know how I can describe it… I think I JUST NEED TO EXORCISE THE TRUCK!!!… I can only hope that a cop does not have to stop me.. because I KNOW he ain't going to believe me when I say it’s probably only a dead mouse!

I get home and I play CSI.. I grab a flashlight, put on knee pads and crawl around looking for the cause… inside, outside, sniffing carpet and roof panels.. and FINALLY I locate something…there is a small vent in the back corner inside panel of the truck.. of course it’s a panel we cant take out.. smell appears to be emanating from there… and so how long does something take to decompose? And would it be uncool to drive with an air mask on?

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...