Monday, July 13, 2009

More Toys!

OK.. Well, it was one hell of a weekend!..First off I want to mention that Joe and I are the proud owners of two kayaks! YES…!!

But back to my tale of woe…. I spent all day on Saturday weed whacking with the gas powered weeder… ok.. maybe it was only for a few hours… but I am sure I saw a sly smirk on Joe’s face when I asked him if I could use it.. I mean how hard could it be!?

Unbeknownst to little old me is that I would lose all functionality of my arms and hands.. and holy crap I SOO could NOT feel anything after just an hour…

I knew I was starting to tire when zzipp.. I took out a row of flowers… oops… zippp… another row.. SHIT… whatever… Joe did give me a stern look when I nailed the solar light… and the damn thing flew off like a freaking UFO… .. oops.. he was NOT happy.... sigh


Ok.. so perhaps I totally underestimated my ability to hold a 20 pounds destroyer… whatever.. I put that project away.. I am so going to do something easier… so hmm.. what to do..??... I am going to give the trees a “trim”.. .. so by the time I am done lobbing off branches, including using the hand saw and hauling the heavy ass limbs into the woods to dispose of them… I don’t think I could even say my name..bla bla bla… crawling back inside… enough of that shit…

So Sunday.. it’s time to wake up to do our long run..schedule was a 16 miler… sure I am sore but gotta do it…..you know the marathon is in less than two months away… we get a going and I don’t know what is wrong… I am hot.. really hot… like boiling hot… like am I going through the change hot…??.... (later I find out I inadvertently put on the wrong socks, my thick winter socks instead of my thin summer socks.. what a dumb butt… ) so being overly hot I also used up all the fluids I had taken with me… and then my ankle wrap whipped off mid stride and I got tangled up… so at mile 6… I was taking a walking break.. and Joe ran ahead..


Wow…I made it back home at mile 8.5… sat there and debated whether I wanted to actually do any more… sigh..Joe was going back out for the rest of his long run.. so not wanting to be “shown up”… I ran inside… changed out of the blasted hot socks and wet dripping clothes and with a new set of attire on… ran back out to finish the remains to a total around 14.5 miles… Joe did 16 miles without too much problem.. at least he looked better than I did… must have been the socks.. I am sticking with that story.

So then being half dead, like I just want to just crawl into a ball and drool… Joe decides let's go buy kayaks!…amazing how fast you can perk up… OK!.. I am game for anything that consists of more toys.. so off we go to buy us some kayaks.. a couple hours later two kayaks are in my truck and we are heading to Marsh Creek for an hour and half of paddling… so my arms are now ready to fall the F- off but I am happy and I crawl into bed at 9:30pm.. poor Joe did the grocery shopping last night I guess he got back ok… he was there when I got up this am at 5.. I let him sleep in… aren't I nice… ?

So now how to figure out how to get in kayaking, running, biking, swimming, and oh yeah chores on the weekends..


PS: Joe sends me this text this am stating I need to start looking for kayaking adventures for he and I to do.. I am thrilled thinking YEAH!!!.. and so I said, “I did locate a 10 mile kayak race in Broadkill, Delaware near Rehoboth on August 22nd…SWEET!!!... think we can paddle that far??? ...I am all hyped up… and he said, “UM.. you are suppose to find RELAXING activities not RACES!!! Can’t you find us a kayaking tour???

Sigh...

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...