Thursday, July 30, 2009

The ChesapeakeMan Ultra Triathlon - The Book

FINALLY!!!.....Well my Ironman "Blog" Story is in print and available for purchase. Currently both the paperback and the hardback versions are offered through Lulu…. The paperback copy will have an ISNB number and also be offered through Amazon in 6 weeks.

Boy.. what a long undertaking!...

The ChesapeakeMan Ultra Triathlon
An inspirational and unique look at completing an “Ironman” Distance Triathlon through the eyes of a middle aged athlete

Foreword
On September 29, 2007, I attempted the ChesapeakeMan Ultra Triathlon, a 140.6 mile, all day adventure of swimming, biking, and running. The ChessyMan (so eloquently nicknamed) is an “Ironman” distance triathlon set in Cambridge, Maryland.

On my first attempt at this distance in 2007, I did not make the cut off time and was disqualified. Battered and broken spirited, I almost gave up on triathlons forever. However, with the support of my husband, I attempted it again a year later in 2008. This is the account of finally winning my battle against the 140.6 mile beast.

The writings were taken from my blog & email communications that were originally sent to my family and friends. The text was left in most of it’s original form, containing many run-on sentences, inflections, and jargon. It’s what I felt, it’s how I felt, and these writings are from my soul. I hope you find it either inspirational, humorous or an interesting read.

Paperback: $15.11 plus shipping & handling
Printed: 84 pages, 6" x 9", perfect binding, cream interior paper (60# weight), black and white interior ink, white exterior paper (100# weight), full-color exterior ink

Click this link to bring you to ordering page:
http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/the-chesapeakeman-ultra-triathlon/7303866

Hardcopy: $19.98 plus shipping & handling (will not be offered through Amazon)
Printed: 84 pages, 6" x 9", jacket-hardcover binding, cream interior paper (50# weight), black and white interior ink, white exterior paper (100# weight), full-color exterior ink
Click this link to bring you to ordering page:
http://www.lulu.com/content/hardcover-book/the-chesapeakeman-ultra-triathlon/7441782

Shipping Info
All products must go through a manufacturing process before they ship.

· Paperback Books - Ship in 3 to 5 business days
· Hardcover Books - Ship in 10 to 12 business days


PS: As you know I am currently compiling a larger volume of my writings that include my pre-athlete and post-athlete life. This volume is called Wendyisms and should be out in 2010.

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...