Wednesday, February 18, 2009

HOOKING

A term used in road biking and can be applied to mountain biking....on Sunday, Joe and I met up with a few fellow mountain bikers in order to have a nice leisurely trail ride... to clear out "the engines"….

Well I do believe Mr. Mastripolito should be flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct… SEE...I was minding my OWN business, following the group... humming with the birds and bees... in complete eurphoria from lack of oxygen (JEEZ US what gear did I have the bike in up that last hill!!!!)...and I accidentally hooked his back tire.... somehow..... (he says I was trying to pass him).. . and well he SOMEHOW managed to keep my tire attached to his tire as we rode and then he made some sort of "fancy maneuver" that sent ME and my bike screaming to the right into the woods, barely missing a tree thank you very much..and off he went …B_STARD....!!! hmmm.

SOO... I brought this up to the group.. what this maneuver could be.. and they said it's called hooking.. .. it's usually an automatic red card in road bike racing since the goal is to get the recipient to hit the deck hard...interesting... hmm.. so playing dirty now are we… ?!

I wonder what the term is when you ride up next to someone and extending your leg with force into their side?

I am SOO getting me a full face helmet…

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...