Sunday, February 22, 2009

Chase the Rabbit

Laying here, feet propped up in order to redistribute the blood flow correctly and to stop the pulsating throbbing in the leggies... wondering if going to bed at 5pm is too early...

Joe and I had our “long run” today.. . we knew after yesterdays quick 6 miler and the subsequent 2 hour MTB adventure ...not to expect too much... but boy was that an overstatement....half way through our 10 mile run...there is a hill ...a real ugly type hill... one of those really LONG seems like FOREVER hills...well today I was feeling a little "Off" and I promised myself that if I made it up “Suicide Hill”... if I ran the whole freaking way up it... that I would stop at the top ...for just a second...to rest-tee-po a bit..

Although my first thought was of throwing myself on the ground to see if when Joe caught up to me if he would step on me or over me ..... so after reaching the pinnacle of that hateful hill I stopped for a few seconds and took a glance behind me.. YES.. still no Joe...

See this run was called Chase the Rabbit Run.. and I (being the rabbit) would start off 3 minutes ahead of Joe and see how long it took for him to catch me... seeing that he was nowhere in sight I was pleasantly pleased with myself... and I motored on... EWE.. ..things were getting tough.. the body was feeling a bit downright NASTY.... so I had to walk a bit in mile 7... checking behind me.. still no Joe... YES...

And then I had to call it quits at mile 8... I SO TOTALLY justified that I had done enough running and that was that... and was quite pleased with myself until the machine (who started 15 minutes behind me not 3 minutes) passed me as I was walking..

GRRR...he went on to finish the 10 miler at a race pace.. JEEZ US.. what did he have for breakfast!!! ....I am still contemplating the 5pm bedtime... LIFE IS GOOD!

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...