Monday, February 16, 2009

World's End?

I have concluded that either it’s ...the lack of oxygen from being further up north.. or it’s something in the smog... that makes people CRAZY here on the East Coast.... Not only are MOST East Coast people work-a-holics.. they drive like they are going to put out a fire....

I mean today is President’s Day.. so you think light traffic..??… Right? WRONG!...in the span of the 30 minutes it took me to drive to work.. I was almost run INTO twice.. I was tailgated by someone who looked like they had WAY too much coffee..( and yes I was going the speed limit..)… and then there was the OH I am MUCH more important that you person… who decided that he could talk on his cell phone, read the paper and drive like he was the only person on the road... so you think.. ok...well maybe people are just a bit hyped up for whatever reason…their valentine’s day sucked… the economy sucks… they suck…who knows.. but when does it stop????!!!

Joe and I almost get run over EVERY time we go out for a run on PA roads.. for a number of reasons..

  1. The roads just don’t have sides/ shoulders wide enough to allocate any space for runners, bikers, and or anything else of the sort.. (so what part of trying to promote healthy living and lifestyles is PA promoting??) and
  2. People are too consumed with themselves and driving as FAST as they can to do whatever they are doing.. is it an ego thing? A power thing?

So this past weekend Joe and I...like usual... go out for our weekend runs.. dodging cars and trucks that are EXCEEDING the speed limit.. "What part of 35 mph do you NOT understand A-shole.??!"...we try to stick to back roads (they are suppose to have less traffic)… but now a lot of people are using these back roads to get to their destinations FASTER… and on Sunday am the people coming out of the local church lots ...YIKES!!!... I am a church goer too but the point of them going to church was.. what?!.... I know that's wrong to say ...but come on... slow down.. not only on the road but living your life..why rush things!?.. is not the end result the same but how you get there what is important??!

Then there is the whole.. crappy roads issues.. PA roads JUST SUCK.. I know for bikers it’s REAL BAD... at least running you can leap the pot holes... but trying to avoiding them going 20 mph on a bike…that just dangerous… then there is the whole salt/gravel on the side of the road issues… it's starting to pile up.. mimicking piles of sand… if that doesn’t make it rough running.. and a death trap for bikers.. oh yeah.. jump the potholes, run through salt… which of course ends up in the shoes.. fun .. fun…

ALAS...those are my ramblings … I guess it could be worse… we could live in Taiwan..…


Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...