Thursday, February 12, 2009

Passwords

I hate passwords…..UGH GRRR… on the internet it appears everything from shopping, logging into a club, or accessing medical benefits is passworded…..it’s great for security... but HOW the HECK are you suppose to remember all the different user names and passwords!??? ....This blog has a password, my email has a password, facebook has a password, each of the clubs I am in are passworded… just to open my computer at work is passworded… the screen saver is passworded… to get to my college papers is passworded..

.. and the fact you are suppose to make up a different passwords for each thing, and make the passwords difficult....do they not understand I can’t even remember what I had for breakfast let alone a K-Trillion user names and passwords.. !!!

I guess what brought this to light is I was trying to access my health benefits online and it’s passworded.. so I put in my user id and supposed password.. and NO.. not valid.. so I try another password.. NOPE.. and then another.. NADDA....so frustrated..I then try again.. AND.. over three times you lose.. LOCKS ME OUT.>>>AAHHHHHHH

So I have to totally go out and clear the temp files… and try again… and by now my heart rate is up.. my stress level is up.. so I am in real need of accessing my health benefits.. .now I have to email the administrator to find out my password… so then.. I wait… nothing.. no email from administrator.. more waiting.. still none.. so WTF now!…

I finally get a hold of a LIVE person and find out why I am not getting email with the password (that I forgot) is because I have a block on my email account for this particular website.. NOW HOW THE HECK DID THAT HAPPEN…!!!.... so I release the block, I get the password in which now I have to change because it only a temporary password.. but I am happy.. so now to write the new password down.. HOPEFULLY someone with bad intentions does not find my list.. Where the heck did I PUT THE LIST!!!????

Sigh… thought I would check status of my triathlon membership… OMG .. what is my password???

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...