Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mudd Fest

Well …..we woke up bruised and battered from our fun, relaxing MTB (Mountain Bike) ride yesterday.

Yeah, I was EXHAUSTED... thrown off bike twice… Joe flipped off bike too... traction was awful... I want to say fun ride.. and it was…but what a mud fest…you should have seen Joe's flip.. he attempted to go over a rather LARGE log…. jumping it with the bike.. um the bike stopped but he didnt.. he did like a midair dive tuck forward roll.. I guess all that Karate he took as a kid paid off... clap… clap.. clap…. …9.5…9….9.5….perfect 10… yahoo..

My first catapult happened when the back wheel totally slipped out from under me in the mud as I was sailing down a small hill and I went flying off to the left without my bike… I ended up on my back looking up at the sky, with Jill (the gal riding behind me) looking down at me… “You alright” she said…. “UM YEAH”.. I picked myself up out of the mud and back on bike… onward… second time same thing, fly off to left, Jill look down at me.. ... poor Jill... to my credit I did very successfully maneuvered… thank you very much…. a rather tricky fast down turn without ejecting myself from the bike… ME NO FALL, NO EJECT, NO HIT TREE.. VERY NICE!

Perhaps it is the pin legs but I just cant get up those hills on the blasted bike.. check out this elevation …
Today is back to running… its Chase the Rabbit day… It’s our long run and me the slow poke will start a few minutes before Joe and see what mile I get to before he catches me… I do have an advantage….shame you have all those bruises from MTB Joe… I am thinking I will get to mile 6 by the time he catches me…

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...