Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Birthday Extravaganza

Birthday Extravaganza Pre-week
.....like a good girl .. I got my physical... yeah...doc says I am in perfect health.. that whatever I am doing ...to keep doing (....he has no idea.. does he????!!)....

....flash ahead three days later ....I end up with the “Rhino” virus... aka "Common Cold"... WTF!...... I have NOT been sick for over two years....and I picked up something as simple as a common cold at the doctor's office.... ....GRRR...ARGH...

.... So each day I get worse.. crawling to work...crawling home... convinced I am on death’s door...whining... and then some... but somehow still managed to whip up a jfffy cool costume for Saturday's Reindeer Race......I was determined.. N-O-T-H-I-N-G...was going to spoil my birthday weekend!!!.... now...not only was this MY birthday weekend...... we also would be celebrating Joe’s birthday... his birthday is 3 days before mine.. ..

Part 1 - Saturday, December 6th
.....rise and shine birt
hday weekend time!!!.....@ 6am I head to the Reindeer 5K...in costume....Joe um... Joe????.....still asleep....sometimes life is just too fun.. I am thinkin, “boy, I better win this costume contest and if that santa thinks he is in... I am going to take him outside and beat the snot out of him...” (I have the originals of the pics on order)

... it was really cold .. in the 20’s.. but I wasn’t necessarily too cold...guess not.. I was wearing long underwear..... HOLY SH_T!!...... I am going to incinerate..... I am sick.. sick.. sick... and overly dressed
.......OFF we go...


......as I look over ..I am running with a pickle.....so what do you say to a pickle>???...... “You know.. {pause} ...I have never run with a pickle before..... but...I have run with an ear of corn..”...

....Did I win the costume contest??? ......YOU BET!...... Joe asked how I could best a pickle....WHAT CAN I SAY?.... what a great start of the weekend! .. ...


Part 2
...heading to indoor rock climbing & go-carting.....YES!!!!......oops.. I failed to actually call the place to see if it was open....sure the normal person would assume that when the internet says OPEN Saturdays from 12-8... that they would truly be open from 12-8... and so the really retarded question was when I asked the guy when I got there, UM your internet says you are open”... and he proceeds to tell me it's closed for a tournament... ummm.. like it wasn't listed on your website (thinking maybe I REALLY AM THAT BLONDE).... he hands me a 20% off next visit coupon.. sorry... bye.

Man.. sucks.. ..pouty face.... what to do... ?.... go indoor go-carting....and lazer tagging... but of course not before Joe says to me.. GEE did you see if they are still open too????... grrr.....We end up at Arnolds Amusement place in King of Prussia.. Joe makes some sort of statement that this was where he went for my brother's bachelor party... but doesn’t remember it.. hmm.. GEE ...

...I am trying to figure out how my daughter Heather got so competitive?.....

somehow that 8 minutes on the track with her and I duking it out for the lead... and what was that Joe.. ??... HUH???

......you said you had a S-L-O-W car.. yeah ok..... so what happen at Laser tag?.... S-L-O-W gun?.... we all had a blast... what a great way to spend the day.... by the time we got to my birthday dinner at my parents I could barely keep my eyes open on....

Sunday, December 7th – THE BIG DAY
..... My Birthday... I awoke to snow..... yes..... now that is a great gift!!! .. It’s the one thing each year I secretly wish for ..... a few flakes for my birthday.. first on the agenda was to meet Denise at the indoor track meet, then head over to West Chester University to run a double header - Brians Run 5K & 10K.... then meet the QVC Running Club crew in WC for our end of the year celebration...

Part 1
....Denise is a good friend... she elected to accompany me on all the crazy stuff I was doing this weekend.. including dragging herself to an indoor track meet ...even though she had only run one indoor track event in her life, some 20 years ago....and that didn’t go well..so we elected to run the 1 Mile event only....

....I should have known... you know.. a year old.. wiser... that since I couldn’t breath out of my nose (being sick and all)... that this would not go well... 8 laps... that's the indoor mile... by lap 3 my tongue felt like it was 100 times it's natural size and furry... WHHA THHE.........by lap 4.... I lost all ability to swallow....AHHH......it was as though I ate sand.... I was sooo DRY...water.. I need water.....

(TONGUE OF A CHAMPION)

...[further reading on this later states that I was probably dehydrated...makes sense being all sick for so many days with the night sweats and such... and by breathing only with my mouth (since I couldn’t breath with my nose).. I dried my mouth and mucuses out... especially since indoor tracks are soo dry>> oh really..... yeah think????]

.... I am most certain I ran lap 5 and 6 with my mouth open and tongue hanging out.. VERY ATTRACTIVE... I am sure... ...sweet... I ran my WORSE mile time ever on a flat indoor course...with Denise beating me.... VERY NICE.....I will just hang myself now... .

Part 2
....So weather.com was calling for mid 20’s to low 30’s temps and high winds of 20 mph with occasional 30+ gusts...K... day is getting better... AS you notice Joe has decided that he was NOT... did I say N-O-T... partaking in these run events and would just later meet us at WC for the end of the year get together... S-M-A-R-T man...


....I want to say the day got better.. I want to say how much fun it was trying to breath as I slowly turned the rest of my body into mush...but I will just go with... I am not sure HOW I finished those races feeling the way I did....but I did finish.. and YEAH I did have fun.. except for the 10K where Denise thought she would be nice and run with me.. and then proceeded to chat... like HELLO.. ???!!!.....CAN NOT F_ BREATHE.. !!!.....how am I suppose to Chat and RUN and BREATHE@????

...she proceeded to go on ....and on about how she glued her two fingers together the night before doing some sort of craft project and then how she had to have her son research on the internet how to get them unstuck.. and olive oil works wonders... and did she notice I was grimacing at her?? ....Finally I ditched her..

..WHEW.. I had to walk up the last large hill.. I KNEW she couldn’t hang with that.. but I really couldn't breathe at all at this point... But honestly.. she is a good friend.. just a little too much PEP there... LATER......I come to find out that she made me a birthday tiara... that’s the craft project that she glued her fingers together doing.. AWE....she is soo super sweet.. shame she didn’t glue her lips shut.. oops .. I mean her feet to the ground.. oops.. I have to work on those out loud thoughts...

Denise ended up beating me in all the races we did together this weekend.. it's because I was sick you know...

PS: I am on R-E-S-T now


PSS: I AM POSTING THE ORIG PICTURES AS SOON AS I GET THEM...

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...