Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mount Krumpet

Mount Krumpet… or so our home is sometimes referred to… .. BUT WHY?....
(Pic is from last year's snow)
  • Perhaps because we live on a slight hill….???....
  • Perhaps it is in reference to the Grinch (aka: MY Better Half)....????.....
  • Perhaps… it’s just because Mt. Krumpet is associated with Dr. Seuss characters… which would explain a lot…CRAZY STRANGE characters ….

.....but either case.. Mount Krumpet was blessed last night….…we had about an inch and a half of snow… nothing to usually write home about…. BUT on top of the snow was a really fine coating of ice…. it was MAGNIFICENT… a crystal winter wonderland… like being in a DREAM……the icicles were making a slight tinkling sound as they slipped off the branches… and the moonlight was shimmering across the lawn caused a sparkling glaze that looked like glitter…and OH WOW……breathtaking…

.…. HONESTLY… I didn’t realize this “magical kingdom” at first ….since I was all in a HUFF… chasing my dog up the back hill at 5am (don’t ask)…. in my slippers and housecoat….!!!....… but when I did catch her and STOPPED.. …and looked around… that’s when the OH>> .. And… AHHH’s… and WOW’s happened… >>> and then I realized I was standing in the middle of the yard in the SNOW.. .. in my freaking slippers.. ……. you must visit my Mount Krumpet sometime…….

****************************************************************************
PS: OMG.. YOU HAD TO ASK….following my story above..... the reason I was out in the snow in my slippers..

…my dog….15+ years old.. old as dirt. deaf, blind, and smelly….. wanted to go outside this am.. and I was SOO TIRED.. I mean it was 5am!!! And….so.. I send her out.. . and I realize I forgot to take off her diaper.. YES she has to wear one (a doggie diaper) because she is old and well you know cant always hold herself.. …so I feel really bad I forgot to take it off…. and realizing this….because I am coming out of my sleep stupor…. I chase off after her into the darkness.. .. forgetting to put on my glasses.... so now I cant see anything far away.. …so I am out there and I don’t see her (which that shouldn’t surprise me)….. and I try and call her name… but OF COURSE she cannot hear me… . so I see she has left little paw prints in the snow… and so I follow them …around the yard.. and up the hill and I am now at a jog… in my slippers and housecoat.. crunching snow… and I FIND HER… and she looks at ME like I am the insane one… that’s when I realized it was really beautiful out there.. I SOO wanted to lay in snow but Joe would have had me committed for sure… can you imagine him waking up and looking outside to see me laying in the snow in my housecoat and slippers… !?

Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...