Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Mastripolito 5K

So I get this really NIFTY.. NEAT-O... COOL as all get up.. idea for New Year's Eve… and I pitched it to Joe.

"Honey.. what do you think about running at midnight?...we can start running about 10 minutes of and then continue into the new year..doing 3 miles? I mean would that be cool or what!??”

Now this is not a new concept or idea as there are New Year's Eve races.. but alas I couldn’t find any local ones to do.. so this was the perfect idea… the Mastripolito 5K was born!!!

Only problem now is the National Weather Forecast issued a high wind & wind chill warning for our area tonight… they are calling for sustained winds of 30-40 mph with gusts to 55 mph… (um...how hard is it to run INTO 30-40 mph winds?)... and well just because that is not enough they throw in the wind chill warning in which the forecast indicates that temperatures will drop into the teens by evening and will be in the single digits by morning and that anyone with travel plans on New Year’s Eve should take the necessary precautions and please dress appropriately.

So hmm.. I will let you know how it goes..

*****************************
And here are some last minute thoughts to inspire you into the New Year.. my last two official stupid happenings this week..

DON’T EVER.. EVER.. wear feathers to bed..
Monday night I was up late tinkering with the book project and just so happen to have on my super neat, FEATHERED long overcoat sweater….it has long delicate black feathers on the sleeves and neck… and well.. I kinda fell asleep with it on.. BIG MISTAKE.. because when I awoke the next morning.. I had black ink in the shape of the feathers imprinted all over my neck and wrist..OOHHHH wow.. just look at that….turning my neck right.. ooohh.. interesting…. turning my neck left.. bride of Dracula...fairly impressive.... what a cheap a-s freaking sweater…!!!.. I had to call Joe in to help scrub it off.....jeez us.. he was like WTF is that Wendy!!! ???? ... I wonder when he wakes up each morning does he just hold his breath for a second... in hopes that maybe.. just maybe... this day will be the day.. with no drama?

What happen to the snake?
Oh this am… unbeknownst to me... Joe is downstairs taking issues with a little visitor.. (aka: Mr. mouse…)…. it appears that it was hiding in the cat’s room downstairs (they have their own little room - closet space for their litter and food bowls) and while Joe was down there this little creature jumps out of nowhere and scared the living sh-t out of him.. thus mayhem ensued.. the mouse ends up sitting in the cat’s food bowl blinking at Joe.... while our cats looked at it.. Yeah you would think the cats would earn their keep but OH NO.. they were like, “Daddy there is something in our food bowl get it out..”

So Joe proceeds to spray the little bastard (the mouse not the cats) with Clorox clean up…..(like what the h-ll is that going to do??).. then chased it around the room with a broom… smashing everything but the mouse and ripping the top off my broom ….creating utter complete havoc .. finally corner it and getting it out.. … and what were the cats doing.. ??? …watching Joe run around like a lunatic..

I wonder what happen to the snake.. ?..I guess the hawk got it this year.. ?.....shame because we haven’t had any mice problems for four years... oh well I guess you cant have everything.



Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...