Sunday, December 28, 2008

What to get the Gal that has everything

Thanks Santa for my Compound Bow!

Man.. I don’t know.. ...I am thinking..... if Santa was a WISE Santa he would have X'd out...SLASHED... or eradicated that request... and perhaps.. maybe... brought me a puzzle or something....

...but Santa knows me real well.. and Santa is a FUN Santa... so he brought me TWO..... yes two compound bows for Christmas.. one was from Santa Joe and one was from Santa Parents...

S-P-O-I-L-E-D ....R-O-T-T-O-N ....So I have the “training” bow and the full fledge a-s kicking split a tree in two bow...

Did you know you have to have your arrows made to the specifications of the length of your draw?.... Yeah found that out just recently.. thanks KS....so not wanting to wait not one more second.. I grab my trainer bow with two trainer arrows and march outside to find some targets... hmm.. Joe seeing what I was about to attempt runs out and suggests perhaps maybe pulling the old pumpkin from the refuse pile and aiming at that... great idea honey... (much better than the alternative I was thinking)..

I have no intention to shoot anything live thank you very much.. I am as my mother calls me a tree hugger, animal activist who so happens to eat dear meat and wears sheep skin shoes.. sorry... call me what you want.. I like my stuff ...but I won’t actually shoot anything alive unless it’s like charging after me and going to eat me... but what I do want to do is shoot things around the yard.. practice... and maybe even do a biathlon snowshoe event ..they have them you know, instead of shooting a gun and snowshoeing you do archery... I mean fun stuff!!!... right!??

So I am zinging arrows around the yard trying to hit the pumpkin and JEEZ US.... no wonder dad said NOT to put my target near rocks because IT MAY RICOCHET....Joe look at that.. arrow almost made it back to me without me moving... ... glad I didn’t have to go to the hospital with an arrow in my head... Santa is sure shaking his head...

I hope everyone’s holiday was fun too!


Selected - Chicago Marathon 2021

Exciting.... after trying for a number of years to get into the Chicago Marathon... I was finally selected!!! So now to figure out the best ...